View Single Post
Captain
# 34
11-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Surely you must understand that when new content is being developed that what the devs say and what is on Tribble is subject to change? Hell, even things that are on Holodeck are subject to change!!

A dev could say that we're going to be able to fly the yellow submarine and that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to happen. Why? Things are subject to change.

As such, Borticus may have said that you could buy the entire Borg set for 3 Cannibal Tribbles but that doesn't make it gospel fact that it's going to happen.
There's a little thing in the RL market called "buyer(s) confidence" .
When that is up -- business is usually booming -- thus life is good , for the seller (in this case Cryptic) .

When buyer confidence is down or shaken however ... -- the opposite happens .
Right now too many things are in flux (aka "subject to change") , and ... while I hesitate to say that buyer/player confidence is at an all time low , it is seemingly shaken .

From day to day , you can't trust if the mission you're going to play will award X or Y (or nothing at all when broken) .
From day to day prices go up , down and sideways .

It's like looking at a circus act ... , and to be honest , at this point I'm glad this mess is just a game ... , because if this was real world economics , ppl at Cryptic would be getting ejected so fast they would not have time to grab a cup on the way out the door .

Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
A game that doesn't change or evolve dies.
Aye , that's true I suppose for MMO's .
But sometimes ppl confuse "change" with "evolution" . Not every change is evolution .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 11-19-2012 at 02:15 AM.