View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 166
11-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swordof0mens View Post
Hi any ideas for an offensive sci/well (time ship) build. Something with lots of transphasics or plasma torps on it?
I have a good build based on a Transphasic Torpedo setup for a Sci that I can work into a Wells. Basically you just mount 2 Phaser Beam Arrays (1 fore, 1 aft) for Target Subs (sorry I'm old school - I think most people just get away with 1 Beam Array now). Then you mount any combination of Transphasics (Rapid Fire, Regular, Cluster, Mines). There are a lot of straight up kinetic damaging powers that synergize well with what you're trying to do like Gravity Well, Eject Warp Plasma or Tractor Beam Repulsors. You can also use energy drain powers to keep Aux low and interrupt heals like Viral Matrix, Energy Siphon, Tyken's Rift and liberal use of Target Subs. I personally like a power drain setup for this build because it severely softens up your opponents healing despite the fact that power drains have been lacking since resists were added. It will weaken your opponents healing very efficiently when timed in tandem with a subnuke, however.

But I do also like all kinetic builds as well.

I'm with these other guys. I'd be very careful about taking any advice from the 'Death by Nebula' thread.

Example #1 (All kinetic-A)

Lt Tac:
Tactical Team 1
Torpedo Spread 2 or High Yield 2

LtC Tac:
Tactical Team 1
Attack Pattern Beta 1 or APD1 or Dispersal Pattern Beta 1 or Target Shields 2 or Target Aux 2
Torpedo Spread 3 or High Yield 3

En Eng:
Emergency Power to Shields 1

Lt Sci:
Hazard Emitters 1
Transfer Shield Strength 2

Com Sci:
Polarize Hull 1
Viral Matrix 1
Tractor Beam Repulsors 3

Power Levels: Minimum Weapons, Maximum Aux, rest distribute between shields and engines

You should be ok with only 1 EPTS since you have Scattering Field, Science Fleet and dual copies of Tactical Team and dual copies of Transfer Shield Strength to fall back on while running high Aux. You can also easily work a Science Team into this build and drop 1 Tactical Team if you wanted. You can also easily work a Tractor Beam into this build.

For this I'd recommend using the Full MACO set for now. The Heavy Graviton Beam does kinetic damage and will penetrate shields equal to 50% and also benefits from high Aux (and it disables several subsystems as well). Eventually you may want to move into a KHG 2 piece when you get get enough Reputation unlocked, however. The Graviton Beam can also be pretty nasty when used in tandem with Isometric charge. Add to that your other kinetic powers + Transphasics and you'll do some pretty good damage.

Example #2 (All kinetic-B)

Lt Tac:
Torpedo Spread 1 or High Yield 1

LtC Eng:
Auxiliary to SIF 1 or Reverse Shield Polarity 1
Eject Warp Plasma 1

En Eng:

Lt Sci:
Science Team 1 (use 2 Developmental Science DOffs to reach global cooldown)
Hazard Emitters 2

Com Sci:
Polarize Hull 1
Viral Matrix 1
Gravity Well 3

-----------

Example #3 (Power Drain)

Lt Tac:
Tactical Team 1

LtC Tac:
Tactical Team 1
Attack Pattern Beta 1 or APD1 or Dispersal Pattern Beta 1 or Target Shields 2 or Target Aux 2
Torpedo Spread 3 or High Yield 3

En Eng:

Lt Sci:
Tractor Beam 1
Hazard Emitters 2

Com Sci:
Polarize Hull 1
Viral Matrix 1
Energy Siphon 3 or Tyken's Rift 3 (you could also drop VM and stack a combination of the two of these at the same time now since shared cooldowns have been restructured)

Hope this helps!

Last edited by rooster75; 11-19-2012 at 04:36 PM.