View Single Post
Ensign
# 400
11-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbleduck View Post
Problem is all in your heads guys. It sounds like you have some internal sexism issues you need to overcome =/ Because all I see are your own psychological projections. =/
The problem isn't all in our heads. It's in society. It's in you guys saying the problem isn't real.
These aren't internal sexism issues, they're issues women have to deal with ever day of our lives. Until you've walked a day in a woman's shoes, surrounded with images of what women should be according to men, feeling the gazes of men on your body, fearing for your safety when walking alone in the afternoon because it's a real possibility that some man might come and force you to have sex with them (they censored the actual word for this action for some reason) because what are women but sex objects anyways, don't say it's all in our heads.
This is our society. This is the problem.

Back to the subject at hand.
In Star Trek, our society has advanced past seeing women predominantly as sex objects. This problem is no more.
But PWE obviously didn't get the memo with this image of this Vulcan woman with the vacant expression. But we all know how they're all about profit and that sex sells. And look at the way women are portrayed in all their other games. They're just another part of the problem.

All I want is for them to use the same kind of imagery in their marketing for both males and females. Handsome Phaser Dude looked good. A woman in the same style uniform as him would be great. I'm just asking for equality.
PhantasmagoricRS
On the forums September 2009

Last edited by phantasrs; 11-19-2012 at 08:53 AM. Reason: censorship