View Single Post
Community Moderator
# 10
11-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
{snip}
Excellent points.

I would also like to interject that the classic Engineering ship, the cruiser, has no innate advantages to anything besides Rule #1: "Protect Thyself".

You can call them healboats, but the only characteristic they have that permits them to be a healboat is the fact that they have more and higher level Engineering bridge stations. ALL of a cruiser's ability to protect other ships comes ONLY from BO's.

And the fact is that there aren't that many Engineering powers that are useful on allies. You can "double up" with I, II, and III versions but you still have shared cooldown to deal with.

So to sum it up, you have a "selfish" class -- the Engineer, in a "selfish" ship -- the Cruiser. I'm not saying they aren't useful in PvP and team PvE, but they aren't really optimized for the role they're being forced into.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek