Thread: Star Citizens
View Single Post
Career Officer
# 14
11-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Yep - and the amazing thing was - about 24 hours to the end of the crowdfunding campaign the total was at about 4 million; so they received 2.2 million more in the space of about 24 hours at the end. (Just hope the site comes up quick as I hadn't read all the unlocked system updates.)

But, yes, this is the Wing Commander/Privateer style MMO (yes, I know, they're not calling it an MMO per se as it it very non-traditional in progression design, but with persistent universe public servers that store your character, etc; it's MMO enough) I thought I'd never see after EA bought out and gutted Origin and Mico$oft bought out Digital Anvil.)

It's gonna be a long 2 1/2 year wait to get to the persistent universe beta (although from all reports we should have a multiplayer Alpha to be a part of in a year or so.)

Still, as a longtime space sim fan; it's nice to be able to prove the big publishers wrong and show there indeed is A LOT of gamer support for this type of non-console PC game (with a massively-multiplayer component.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."