View Single Post
Captain
# 6
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
It'd probably work legally but with one glaring exception not being a paper one; the recasting of every series.

Star Trek is a loved IP. To go back and give another image for the loved characters of so many people is a hard thing to do successfully. Look at the new JJ. films. For every person who is actually upset about overzealous bloom lighting and shakey cams there is one or more hiding behind them that simply didn't like the recasting of Kirk, Sulu, or Uhura.

It could be done, but I don't think it would add more than it would feel it was taking away.
You may have a point but if the models are for characters as they appear in 2409 then the characters have all aged signifigantly since they last appeared onscreen. I actually thought The new trek was well casted however I am not really a TOS fan. I have 2 ideas for stories, one involves having a 2409 Garak as a contact and the second a tng crew in an alternate history timeline where the characters all are different ages or look different (please don't steal this idea).
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR