View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 149
11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omfg4202 View Post
This was posted by DStahl today regarding the generally negative feedback about changes to STFs and end-game content in Season 7. I would like to know how people feel about this, and whether or not the general consensus is that it goes far enough to rectify the most grievous of complaints.
First of all, thank you for the calm way you opened the thread. While some have engaged in histrionics , it's worth noting two things.

When I complain about crap being broken in D3, I get no response.
When I complain about crap being broken in SWTOR, I get no response.
When I complain about crap being broken in Warhammer, I get no response.
When I complain about crap being broken in TSW, I get no response.

I'm not 100% happy with the response by DStahl. But STO is about the only game where the devs at least make the damned effort to TRY to fix things they break. They don't always get it right and some of what they've done is clearly for the moniez....but how's that different than any of these other blood-sucking game companies?

Second, the biggest issue remains the ratio of effort vs. reward and accomplishment vs. grind. They need to seriously take a look at this, since you can't balance it for the elite without driving casuals insane, and you can't balance it for causals without the elite blasting through it in a day.

For those of you raging: Cool off. That's what Cryptic wants. Instead of really addressing your issues, they'll half-ass something and it will seem reasonable, and the anger will die down. Instead of flaming, find the logical inconsistencies in between what they've stated and what they produced.