View Single Post
Career Officer
# 40
11-20-2012, 03:21 AM
The respawn timer is as big a problem as the damage too in my opinion.

I don't actually bother with 'The Hive' space anymore - don't see any point. I play STO for the enjoyment of it.
I DON'T enjoy being repeatedly either one-shotted.

I DON'T enjoy Borg spamming plasma and the resulting, constant, plasma fire (on the hull) that burns the hull off, despite resistive armor, and Hazard Emitters just can't keep up with. Seriously, seems as if there is barely a second where you're NOT flying around in a massive green cloud.

I DON'T enjoy being punished for being one-shotted, or blasted to bits by uber-weapons, by an increasing duration respawn timer. A lot of time one finds themself on the receiving end of REPEATED 70+ second respawn timeouts, only to rejoin the game and get blasted back into respawn oblivion(another 70+ seconds) barely 30 seconds later.

From what I've seen in Zone Chat, and conversations with one or two of members of the fleet I am in, I am not the only one who avoids it. And I suspect that, if it remains as it is, it'll be like the CE mission - only played by organised groups and avoided by all else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 11-20-2012 at 03:25 AM.