View Single Post
Career Officer
# 10
11-20-2012, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Yes, the game handed out gear like candy before, that was a problem. It took people a week or two to completely gear up (minus a stubborn prototype drop or two) and then they lost interest. I would take my captains straight from blue/green Mk X gear right to Purple Mk XII, completely skipping a ton of gear progression. That's not a good design for a f2p game.

I do think the Mk X and XI gear is entirely too expensive and that it shouldn't take up a project slot. You shouldn't have to slow your rep grind down to make gear for yourself. It reminds me of the old learning skills nonsense in Eve. You also shouldn't have to go bankrupt on dilithium for gear your going to turn around and replace a week or two later.
Ahahahahahahha

looooool

Really!?

"They lost interest"

No I and many others did not, I got most my MK XII gear on all 3 alts... I never lost interest, there was always the dilithium rewards and the chance of a Mk XII item dropping. I also wanted to kit out my boffs. What you say is a lie, maybe you lost interest, but that is a personal defect not one with the game or other players. More importantly there was a community of like minded players who helped one another and helped new players. That is gone because the new system has not curve to it all, log in complete an impossible to fail ISE and you're done.

Not only that but for STF's me weren't never truly end-gam I did them to get the gear I needed to help new fleet members and to get Dilthium for advancing the fleet, which is a long drawn out end-game process. Now the fleet is on the back burner and in danger of being disbanded and my interest in the game if this weekend is anything to go by will wain.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-20-2012 at 03:17 AM.