View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 5
11-20-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post

The only major issue to me is project times, it completely kills any need to be on much, to new people it won't matter as everything is still new to them in STO, lots of shiny things to discover and keep them busy.

But for someone like me who has been playing since January, or god forbid someone who has been playing since release or betas, there are no more shiny things, once we fill our projects, we have nothing left to do and in my case, log off.
Old long in the tooth here, I've been around since Beta and I can attest to what you just stated. There is nothing new under the sun, Vanity of Vanities, there is nothing new under the sun.

Rep system seems cool, but the delivery is godawful. This is very difficult for folks like me that have been around since STO inception, the changes are too severe for the liking.

For new players this is toy land for them, enjoy - but the novelty wears off after awhile.

A Pointer:

One thing that helps kill the monotony is a strong Fleet presence and their Chat antics - it is even better if the Fleet has vent ot Team Speak - The social aspect of this game is awesome, unfortunately; thats not part of the game but part of the population.