View Single Post
Career Officer
# 22
11-20-2012, 07:27 AM
I've been saying for a while that there needed to be something in the game to drain EC out of the economy. The fact that players are sitting on so much of it with nothing to spend it on is why exchange prices are out of reach for newer players. The problem is, by this point, people with hundreds of million of EC won't even notice this. They can pay for their entire rep system, both factions, without flinching. The pinch is on those who haven't managed to reach the critical mass where you can start investing EC to make gobs of it.

Unfortunately, I don't know what you could do to make the richest players vaporize their vast reserves of EC that won't put the same pressure on the rest of the players. Fleet bases require commodities as well, and that should theoretically allow EC rich fleet members to drain their reserves without requiring their poorer members to do the same. Thing is, again, commodities are so cheap they can do this without even noticing.

Also, remember that EC on the Exchange does not come from the magical EC ether the NPC vendors use. It's coming from other players. All the various schemes for which to get stupid rich off the Exchange, that happens on the back of another player who maybe doesn't log in to play a Wallstreet sim. I've made plenty of money myself flipping items listed under value, fixing prices on certain things and participating in Doff slave trade, but it's something to keep in mind.