View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 248
11-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
I see a lot of people saying "I ran STF's for 3 days" or "I farmed STF's for a week" and I got full mk xii.

Well, what does that mean? 18 hours/day. 80 STF's/day. What?

Most players don't have the time or the patience to do that. You still ran hundreds of STF's to get what you wanted. Run hundreds of STF's now, and you'll have the same result. The only difference is that it won't be random and you can't do it immediately. You've got to wait a little. I realize that's tough, but it's not that tough. This new system is more accessible to the vast majority of players. I don't love it, but I understand why casuals might like it. Patience is a virtue or so I'm told.

Let's look at other games. WoW and DCUO are the 2 games I'm most familiar with outside this one. In both of those games, there's a waiting period before you can do endgame content again. It's not half an hour like STO. It's 3 days or a week. So, maybe you'd prefer that system. Do your Infected Ground Elite STF and then have to wait 7 days before you can do it again. Now how long will it take to get your mk XII set?

Having said all that, I have no doubt I'll be outraged when I see the cost to get mk XII gear. I'm expecting 10000 Omega Marks and 500,000 dilithium or something equally insane. I will at that point be just as angry about the system as many of you are right now.
The flaw in your logic is that, in the new system, you don't get the gear for doing all of those runs. You get the option to buy the gear...

Plus it really screws the casual/new players even more. No more easy retro borg or mk11 gear, now you must grind and pay for even the low level stuff.

Season 7 is just ****ty.