# 84
11-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Unfortunately not,

But I think I know now what is happening;

My error in my system error log states;
"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
This is otherwise known as an EventID: 4101;

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...ery-en-us.aspx

Thus, within the past few revisions of the nVidia driver, there was a new feature added for adaptive performance because of what the GTX680 can do, thus in my driver options for a manual profile that I have created for STO (GameClient.exe), there is an option that states;
"Power Management Mode" with the following options;
Adaptive
Prefer Maximum Performance,

I now suspect, that anything GFX driver, whether it be Intel or nVidia whereby it has not been forcibly set to a Maximum Performance setting (i.e. more power draw and full clock speed available), then the "auto" option in the game (under troubleshooting, in the graphics section) will mis-calculate and think that the GFX ability is only what is being reported, not what is available.
Thus this appears to be an unfortunate co-incidence.

My fix, so far has been to set the mem allocation of my card manually to "1024+" and to manually set in my STO profile, in the nVidia Control Panel, the "Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance",

never have I seen all the textures work properly, there was also no SSaO error when logging in, and the Tac Cubes have no more black triangles on them,

would be useful if people with more results, good or bad, post here also