View Single Post
Career Officer
# 58
11-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Coming late to this conversation but this:

Quote:
2) Borg Plasma DOT magnitudes are being reduced.
is the only major issue I've had with Season 7 STFs - the plasma DoT has been simply evil - my Excelsior's previously been able to tank the gates from 100% to zero without going under but the plasma DoT's been wiping me out far too often.

On several occasions I've had 75% hull remaining and full shields then something with the plasma crits and *BOOM!* gone. Been using full MACO Mk XII only for a long time too.

Stuff like the torpedos firing from all angles and the Iso's are of no consequence to my Tac/Excel build - If I hit BFI and PH quick enough I'll live to fight again but the plasma DoT is just plain dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adabisi View Post
Even with the "so called" one shots I have survived them due to a tried and true regime of buffs and movements and skills. I also know many a KDF carrier driver that tank TAC cubes with no issues and know nothing of this ONE SHOT.
Well, what can I say? It exists but in my experience the Borg need to have a shield facing down to pull it off so I don't really consider it a 'one-shot' - possibly with ships less equipped for shield/hull tanking it's a real issue though - all my ships (Tac/Eng/Sci) are specced to be able to tank Borg crits though so it's not a problem for me.

I imagine those that were reliant on the Borg set are suffering from it much more now though.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 11-20-2012 at 12:38 PM.