View Single Post
Captain
# 67
11-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvehero View Post
The Prime Directive is actually your primary directive, so following it is not optional.

The fact that we DON'T know the potential consequences is why we are not allowed to interfere.

Aha... so we have a universal moral and common sense now? Your's, or the Tal Shiars? Or the Borg moral? Do you suppose it's ok for US to enforce OUR moral code on other civilizations? When we know that our own "moral code" is changing topsy-turvy every decade or so?

Single exceptions from the prime directive CAN be made, because no rule can predict every situation. But when we DO, we must be SURE that the consequences will be worse if we don't. We must know it. And we must know all the consequences! Taking sides in an internal conflict is so beyond this that I lack word to emphasize it enough.

The Tal Shiar had their home destroyed, they're scattered and in search of a new home. That does not make them refugees? Then neither is the rest of the Romulan population.

If someone, regardless of the reason, or what organization he's part of, or what crimes he may have committed, has his home destroyed and is forced to relocate in search of a new place to call home, he's a refugee. Torn clothes and lack of resources is not mandatory. (it just makes it easier to get sympathy)
I tend to agree, but the situation in STO doesn't really qualify in my eyes. Thanks to the Iconians -- and through them, the Undine -- there really are no "internal" conflicts anymore. Pretty much everything that happens in the Alpha/Beta Quadrants is directly related to their shenanigans, and will directly impact the future of the galaxy for centuries to come.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q

Last edited by psycoticvulcan; 11-20-2012 at 05:28 PM.