View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 77
11-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Since these DOTs are also magnified by class tables and innate stats, Borg were managing to reliably land very high-magnitude hull DOTs on their targets. Since these ignore shields, we've decided that reducing their overall damage may improve player experience in STF content without significantly diminishing the difficulty and threat of the Borg as a whole.

I'd like to reiterate that the Borgs' ability to deal high-damage DOTs isn't something that recently changed, as far as I can see. It's possible there's been a Software change somewhere that I'm unable to verify, but inquiries into that have yielded no results thus far.
Is it possible that the plasma dot applied by their torps have higher damage than those applied by their energy weapons due to some modifier? I only ask since I see the same as others in my combat log, where the dot is referenced as damage done by 'plasma torpedo' instead of plasma fire, My log. Is this 'Just a display issue' or something more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I suspect that the reason players are seeing more Hull Damage, may actually be attributable to the changes made to the Assimilated Ship set. Many players have chosen to try different equipment sets in light of those alterations, and may have been heavily reliant upon the 2-piece Hull Heal proc, which also cleansed Plasma Fires.
I still use 2 piece borg, not a single piece of my equipment or skills have changed, so that doesn't hold up, and i run pretty high plasma resists in STFs, around 36 before aux to struct / HE and whatever else I put in rotation.

However, even though the damage certainly seems to be higher, I like it. If the extra damage means the average pug will start to reliably throw a hazard or other heal to the guy that's been tanking the gate / cube / 6 sphere group through the entire instance instead of watching them slowly run out of oh **** buttons, then that'd be worth keeping it as is.

Last edited by bitterscot; 11-20-2012 at 07:22 PM.