View Single Post
Captain
# 287
11-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
It makes me worried that you all thought these things were ok in the first place.

The direction you are taking the game is not the direction the players want. There are two paths, and you and the devs path is diverging from the game's player base path. Thus, conflict ensues. Your goals, are not our goals, your wants and desires for this game, are not ours. I continue to see this crack in the void continue to grow until some fundamental thought processes over there at Cryptic/PWE are changed.
Very true and valid points, but at the same time, we as a community probably need to do a better job at communicating what we want and are willing to throw money at.

I actually think the community did a good job of throwing out a lot mature and constructive feedback about changes with season 7. In turn, I am getting the impression that the devs are getting a better realization of what it is that we want. Obviously, things there's still a lot more work that needs to be done(I'm curious how many people are even interacting with the Personal Officers at all now - specifically the primary one in the academies), but there are at least signs of improvement.

On a semi-related note, I have been curious if you've had any plans to make impression/retrospective videos about seasons on your channel. It may not be 'gameplay', but I would probably enjoy a video about your opinions on season 6, for example - things you liked and didn't like. I imagine that sort of thing would be useful for the Devs as well.