View Single Post
Captain
# 84
11-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They are the Borg. You are supposed to FEAR them. I say that being able to faceroll the Borg was downright WRONG. And suddenly having to actually be careful when fighting them is a step in the right direction.
True .
I've felt that with the introduction of the New STF's , they have tried to raise the bar -- possibly to a level to which we will be raised once we complete the Omega Rep system , and in theory that all sounds good , but there are a few problems :

- ITH Space suffers from a bit too many crits and the first part just suffers from bad map making .
You can't distinguish between foreground and back ground and NPC's .
All have the same general geometric shapes , all are colored the same , all are lighted the same .
I't like fighting paper white starships with a white wall as a back ground .

- If someone leaves ITH Space , on Elite at least it turns into a 40-60 min slug fest . It's quite mind numbing .

ITH Ground on Elite is un-doable for pugs at the moment , an I have failed with a number of non-pugs as well (all Sci team last night) .
I have one last tactic in mind to try before asking for some kind of nerf there .
I would not as for a nerf if that map (the last room) was bigger (by at least 1/3) , but as is , you get sandwiched and creamed .

Quote:
BUT completely derping the NPCs like this is NOT a step in the right direction. It's a step in the "appease the wimps who don't want to know how to build their ships" direction.
On one hand that is true .
On the other -- this game still suffers from the flaw it began with , and it's showing up right here in our faces (again) .

You have a single player experience All the way from Lvl 1-50 , and THEN you somehow are supposed to know/understand team/group play .
And now , on top of that , you HAVE to play missions on Elite to get your BNP .
Sure PUG's seem worse then before -- more ppl are pugging it as a number of STF dedicated communities are pretty much in chaos / not functioning .

EliteSTF chanel chat chatter has gone down by more than 1/2 .
The_Hive + TheRealSTFChanels are mostly silent .

So yeah , ppl who still want to play STF's are pugging it .
And as my (pre-s.7) sig says ... cross your fingers ... .
I am loosing STO with each new system based update and with each removal and editing of content .
I don't know how to save her from her systems obsessed masters who seek to control and monetize me more and more .