View Single Post
Ensign
# 91
11-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Okay I finally had time to test things out. After changing to the latest driver for my integrated Intel i3 video, I set the max performance setting and started playing. At first it seemed to have worked but I suddenly got a random crash again.

The test was done with the video limit set at 768. I changed it to 1024+ and it still crashed. I set it to 512 and it crashed as well. I changed back to my old driver and it does not crash no mater the video limit setting. I am not convinced it's the entirely the video driver because I know I was able to play fine with the updated one in season 6. It has to be something with Season 7's coding and the new driver. I guess it's possible that some Intel cards will work fine after awesominator6000's fix but mine for sure does not.

I guess I am going to just have to use my old driver to play the game. No big deal though as there do not seem to be any ill-effects on my system by doing so. Only problem is Windows seems to want to keep installing the updated one automatically for me randomly. I am going to have to change Windows update behavior and just do things manually for my updates as a work around to that though.

I will report back if for some reason my old driver suddenly crashes. If it does (and it has not yet) then I would be convinced it would have nothing to do with the driver at all and be something on the coding for S7.