View Single Post
Ensign
# 44
11-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxgrey View Post
I am having the launcher problem, the update block that appears at the top left when you first open the launcher fails upon:
"Tried connecting 2 times."
"The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function."

To make sure the automated response person understands this... I cannot open the launcher to verify files.

My logfile shows as everyone's does:

121121 19:16:45 4 [1] ESC : The patchclientlib is returning error code : 33\nThe patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function
121121 19:16:45 5 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function

I can confirm that I can ping and do traceroute to the update servers. (Been following instructions from old threads all day.) And I have replaced my launcher with the one available in that updated thread for download, still no effect. I still cannot connect.

I am not in a "restricted country" as I reside in South-Africa and I've been playing the game for quite some time now, but this morning, poof, cannot connect.

I have done everything suggested in threads, including uninstalling the game, cleaning registry and temp files, and reinstalling. Still the problem remains.

Cryptic, my game was working fine when I opened it yesterday, my computer had never even been shut down between me closing and opening the game again. The problem resides somewhere within your (terribly laggy) servers.

If it helps, my IP address resides in the 41.122.142.XX range.

I'll be catching up on some Call of duty while my post receives another automated and unhelpful response.

Thanks.
~Faux_Grey

Edit: This started before the shard maintenance earlier today.

Same thing here, started late last night, and its 5:41pm now. My buddy, a veteran of over 4 years, says it is NOT the launcher, it always does this when a new season is released and it will be fixed, just wait for them to do so, most likely monday as tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm so livid words cannot explain...if they always have this problem...figure out a way to end it already!
Xavier Corvin: Human/Vulcan Medical Doctor
Fleet: Military Assault Command Operations Academy
\\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//