Thread: Patience
View Single Post
Captain
# 4
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by queue38 View Post
I think that PVP should have the best rewards compare to everything else
I'm more of an equivalent kind of guy myself.

PvE: Do X for Y number of times to get Z.
PvP: Do A for B number of times to get C.
C & Z should be equivalent.

Of course, to make such things work better - I'd borrow the slotting system that several other games have for modifiers and such.

On weapons, you would have 1, 2, or 3 slots - you could slot varying modifiers. You could slot 3 Green ACC modifiers while you're working on getting the 3 Purple, etc, etc, etc.

Shields, Engines, and Deflectors would also have those 1, 2, or 3 slots and the ability to slot modifiers.

There might even be the ultra rare (played too damn long - more likely broke out the wallet, meh) 4 slot equipment.

So while the PvE and PvP rewards may come preslotted for what might be best for either PvE or PvP, you could always reslot.

It adds a level of customization, potential for additional revenue for those that do not want to grind, etc, etc, etc - Heck, it might even breathe a little life into crafting, eh?

But yeah, doing something like that would make it far easier to do the A->B->C = X->Y->Z reward thing... they'd just have to take a look a balancing the effort involved in the A->B & X->Y aspects.