View Single Post
Career Officer
# 7
11-22-2012, 08:02 AM
I can't say the OP said anything I don't agree with, to some extent or another.

Spin it however you want, call it efficiency or laziness, but it's an interesting way to look at the exploit, especially if, as the OP did, you put the common argument/excuse for Cryptic's fed-focus a few points down from it. I'm suddenly reminded of all the times I went on the defensive in the KDF complaints section (usually set off by some frustrated comment about Fed players, cause I really have no horse in that race) to explain again and again that if there's 50 KDF ships sold for every 100 Fed ships, but the cost to create it remains the same, unless they double the price for the KDF ships, then it's only understandable that Cryptic would choose to focus on the latter.

And yet, it is a bit of a one-way street we're expected to accept. They really didn't extend any such understanding to us, when it came to the clickers and to B'Tran. They caved on the STFs, then right along with that they nerfed Fleet Actions back to 480 dilithium and the PvE dailies got gutted.

So yeah, maybe they shouldn't look at those numbers quite so often. I'm starting to feel like I'm on the wrong end of a game of whack-a-mole.
Reave