View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 113
11-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Recently Borticus said that the Borg were not buffed. Well, I subjectively feel like they are killing me a whole lot more than they used to, but here are two measurable and objective ways that I KNOW they have changed.

1.) I have a Vo'quv build centered around energy drains. Drop their power, pummel them with torpedoes. On ISE, I used to be able to drop the tactical cube's shields and keep them down as long as my energy siphons were active. I was using plasmonic leech, energy siphon, beam:target shields, and somewhere around 200 points in Flow Capacitors skill. I also have polarized disruptors that hit for another -50 when they trigger. It was a very specialized but successful build.

That no longer works. I even had a team mate help me, and he also has energy siphon and plasmonic leech, and both of us together were not able to drop the cube's shields. A third player joined and the shields finally switched off.

2.) On the ground, I was using Tachyon Harmonic to whack Borg shields off, usually on conjunction with Tricorder Scan and my grenade launcher, to clean up the smaller borg quickly.

That no longer works. Where Borg drones used to lose ALL of their shield when hit by tachyon harmonic, now they lose about 20-25%. It does less damage than a single shot with my pulsewave. Tachyon harmonic is now effectively not even worth using.

So, between crippling some of my strongest abilities in space and on ground, my science character is feeling pretty darn useless now.
Just played ISE and WOW OMFG.
First, PWE destroys STF by tinkering with the dilithium and loot drops.
Now, as revenge for voicing our disapproval, they SECRETLY boost all STF Borg stats.

It's a childish move by PWE and I demand they return all STF Borg stats to pre-Season 7 levels.