View Single Post
Captain
# 10
11-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
the build, which works well in PVP with a proper team was concieved using beams if you look closely there are dual beam banks forward and beam arrays aft... in the team atmosphere in which it was built it does that role kind of nicely and while yes the return on energy siphon is not all that great it is enough to take ALL of my energy levels up above 120... which means that the Quantum Field Focus Controller gets the most benifit from it... I only run 1 phaser relay because when I PVP I pull that and the isometric charge to be replaced with a subspace jumper and move the assimilated console to my tac slots to make use for another field emitter or particle generator.... I have looked over your suggestions and while I will have to experiment with some I will prolly leave others alone as they are working as intended...
What I meant about the weapons is that, yeah you can use beams, but having duals on the front and singles on the back results in no overlap, reducing your overall dps over time. If you want beams, then I would recommend going with all singles. At least then, you can broadside and have all 4 firing simultaneously.

Energy Siphon.....I can't really see how it would shove all your power up above 120. Maybe Weapons and Aux, but certainly not engines.

To be quite frank with you, focusing on your Quantum Field Focus Controller as your sole weapon that deals any significant DPS would not be good, as it takes a while to charge. Phaser Relays benefit that console as well, just saying. In my experience with PvP thus far, having no tactical damage boosting consoles will render you toothless, reducing your utility to the team.

Since you say you want the build for PvP, you might get more responses if you requested some help from those in PvP Gameplay. I'msure they would be happy to help.

And finally, since you say you PvP, I look forward to seeing you and testing your build against mine, teamed or unteamed. As, to be frank, your build does leave much to be desired.