View Single Post
Commander
# 27
11-23-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post
How would people feel about an alternate method of earning Born Neural Processors? Currently the only way to get them is Elite STFs. A lot of people don't like STFs...at least not the elite ones. This also means they are likely not good at them. Forcing them into them to get the games best goodies is a diservice to both them and the regulars who do enjoy ESTFS. I'd like to see a way we could earn them an alternate way, such as turning in 100 Omega Marks for one BNP. ESTF players would still be able to get them far faster, but it would provide an alternate means for the non-uber.

And to answer the inevitable question "Y U NEED MK XII IF U NO ESTF???!!!"

Because we want them. Besides, don't tell us you only use them in ESTFS.
So I'm curious about your master plan. You want an alternate way to farm BNPs, right? Okay I got the gist of that part. But you want to use 100 omega marks to purchase them, correct? So how did you figure you could obtain those omega marks since they only drop in elite STFs? Oh, sure, you can get a handful of them elsewhere but you're talking like at least 10 days per BNP with borg alerts I think. There might be other options but I'm doubting it.

Oh wait I get it. This is just an act. Your suggestion which is 100 marks for 1 BNP is actually an attempt to get BNPs even faster. So instead of getting 1 BNP per fight, you can get 3 BNP every two fights when you purchase that third BNP with the 120+ marks you have gotten. Oh okay the scheme has been revealed, you know, since the only way to get omega marks aside from like 10 for doing borg alerts is doing STFs and maybe something else I haven't discovered yet.

I'm not actually against this idea whatsoever but I do think the whole innocent act has been amusing to read. I know it's an innocent act of a hardcore player when they start spouting internet slang like Y U NEED MK XII IF U NO ESTF???!!! That and the fact that your vocab isn't a complete mess like the typical complainer who wants everything handed to them on a silver platter just screams the obvious truth. I commend your efforts, sir/mam.

I could bother mentioning that maybe they could do a 100,000 fleet credit per BNP thing or out right buying BNPs with dilithium or 5,000 romulan marks or whatever because if you are being sincere about this I am fairly certain it will be your comeback argument and how I am supposed to magically know that omega marks were merely an example and I'm just trying to troll or whatever and the flame wars will then commence thereby getting this thread closed in due time, but I strongly believe borg gear should be earned through doing borg STFs, period. Not because I want YOU to be lesser than I. It's because that's the entire point of their bloody existence is to provide borg gear. Skipping them makes STFs pointless to exist. I'm all for alternative methods of obtaining items but when it comes to the end game part of a MMO it is always a bad idea to allow alternative and reliable methods of obtaining it's rewards. Especially in this MMO where STFs are the only end game in existence and for a long while now. It's pitiful but it's what we have.

Do we really need to ruin that too so the ultimate lazy gamer that's gaming for no good reason when they are skipping most of the gameplay can skip them? Even if making them take longer than just doing the STFs? I don't know. My gut says hell no. But my brain is saying getting crap faster is never a bad thing no matter how you try to spin the negatives. And no matter how you try to sell it, such a change in the system WILL allow me to get BNPs faster. That's why I'm not against it. It gets me what I want faster. I'd be an idiot to not want it. My point is, there's a very good reason why we shouldn't get it.