View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 6
11-24-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadnax View Post
It's always been three Foundry missions. All Daniel Stahl said was that in order to qualify, each one has to be at least 15 minutes long. There is nothing wrong with that; it's perfectly reasonable.

The foundry was not set up to be a quick dilithium grab, it was set up to tell stories of varying lengths. Attaching rewards is necessary to get more people to give it a try. Even players who enjoy stories first and foremost want to advance their characters in some way.

I think everything from short patrol/exploration style missions to marathon missions are good to have (although I'd like to see some of the really long ones broken up into smaller chunks, like the dev mission arcs).

If all you are using the Foundry for is a few quick clicks to get dilithium, then the Foundry probably isn't what you are looking for. It's a story system, not a dilithium grinder. Yes, I understand that the dilithium requirements for many things are 'way over the top, but I don't think you should look at the Foundry as the cure-all for that problem.
This is now the second person in 2 threads who is commenting on my post without apparently reading it with any amount of comprehension. I did not say one word about dilithium, that's apparently Stahl's problem as he is basically admitting that it truly is all about the money. I could care less about the dilithium award. Unfortunately there is no fleet mark exchange nor any truly convenient way(other than meaningless, senseless, time consuming grinding) to obtain them. People who are not in a fleet or in a extremely large fleet can't possibly understand how serious of a change this investigate officer daily reward reworking is. I also would like to spend some time on New Romulus and check out the other added season 7 elements, but I and many, many others like me just can't. We are running around the PVE que ad nauseum all day long looking for ways to eek out any fleet marks. For instance, just one tier 1 fleet embassy upgrade task requires over 1200 fleet marks to complete. Multiply that by about 8-10 every week and your looking at an insurmountable goal for all but the largest fleets. The investigate officer reports daily, prior to season 7, was not a panacea, but it was, at minimum, a handy pressure release valve. You still had grinding to do, but it gave you some spare time to actually ENJOY the other aspects of STO. As it is now, there is no reason for anyone to join a fleet unless it is an immense one. If PWE doesn't tweak the investigate officer reports daily, then they MUST do SOMETHING to return those fleet marks or reduce the fleet mark requirement. I can understand that they don't want people with multiple alt's abusing the IOR daily to trade for Zen, but let's be honest, Off the top of my head I can think of several other easy dailies that can be exploited just as easily and PWE doesn't seem to have a problem with those(I.e. rescuing deferi captives, Academy daily exam, etc...) It seems more like PWE chose this particular daily to target because fleet marks were an additional reward. For the life of me I can't think why PWE would want to get rid of the small to mid size fleets, but that is exactly what they accomplishing.

Oh, and to make matters even more annoying; the missions that PWE chose to allow to qualify are a TOTAL crap shoot. I was up to 2:30am last night trying to find eligible foundry missions that actually worked. I would get through 90% of the mission only to find the map was broken and it could not be completed; so I'd have to drop the mission and find another one to start only to have the same thing happen again and again. I finally found 3 working missions but that was after trying SEVEN!!!! Four were broken....what an absolute waste.

Last edited by markarich; 11-24-2012 at 08:45 PM.