View Single Post
Career Officer
# 2039
11-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Tofu is one of those funny things. One of my ex's used to make amazing eggrolls with firm tofu. I have tried three different kinds of tofu and find the firm is the only one I don't mind. The firm stuff though has more texture and absorbs more flavors from whatever it is cooked with due to having less water in it.

Z's fruitcake isn't like anything I have ever heard about. It's nothing like what mostexpect and I can't wait to try it. It's got marshmellow in it for starters. Off hand, I don't remember all of the stuff that makes it different but it really sounds delicious.

Pizza just doesn't get any better than Chicago Deep Dish! One of these years, I'm going to drag Z off to Chicago for a late night walk along the waterfront and hit one of the few amazing pizza places there for a midnight snack. [=

Turkey bacon cooks faster and makes for a better bacon sandwich and BLT in my opinion. I pepper it before cooking it in the oven. I haven't had a decent piece of French Toast in a while. I like mine made with the thick toast and a good hint of vanilla extract.