Thread: Check my build!
View Single Post
Captain
# 3
11-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Overall, this is a decent build. If you are looking for suggestions, I would advise picking one energy type to go with your transphasic torpedoes and running 2x of that tactical console (i.e. Antiproton mag) and 1x transphasic console. For engineering consoles, I would suggest 3x neutronium Mk XI. Stacking 3x neutronium goes a long way in keeping you alive. SIF and emergency forcefields are ok per se, but neutronium will keep you alive much longer. You can get a rare Mk XI from the very last undine mission. Devices look great. The shield, engine, and deflector are fine, but you may want to pick up a full MACO Mk XI when you can. Science is excellent, though you may wish to drop biofunction monitor for the Universal - Borg Assimilated module from the first undine mission.

The ship you are flying excels at shield tanking. Now, for the bridge officers, you have a very high number of science/engineering teams. Due to the shared cooldowns on engineering and science team, you are never able to use more than 2 copies. I would suggest using this:

Lt. Commander Universal (tactical):
Tactical Team I, Beam Overload II, Attack Pattern Beta II
Universal Lt. (engineering):
Emergency Power to Shields I, Reverse Shield Polarity I
Ensign Engineering:
Emergency Power to Shields I
Commander Science:
Science Team I, Transfer Shield Strength II, Hazard Emitters III, Gravity Well III
Lt. Science:
Tractor Beam I, Tractor Beam Repulsors I
Alternate for Lt Science: Hazard Emitters I, Tractor Beam II.

This build would capitalize on your ship's ability to keep your shields up, and it would also allow you to deal significant damage. With that in mind, I would suggest using the following duty officers.
Cooldown on Science team reduced and buff (development lab scientist)
Chance to reduce torpedo recharge time (projectile weapons officer)
Chance to increase all power levels when emergency power to X is used (warp core engineer)
Change to create an aftershock when gravity well is used (gravemetric scientist)
-10 Engine subsystem power when tractor beam is used (tractor beam officer)

The duty officer build is more of a personal preference, but this is what I would run. I hope this feedback helps you.