View Single Post
Captain
# 29
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
I think pretty much anyone who's flown with me can attest that I run a fairly clean setup... I don't even typically use phasers unless I have to because I know just how annoying 24/7 phaser procs can be...

In all honesty though, the reason I run plain bog standard stuff is mostly a selfish one: using gimmick or "broken" builds doesn't help me improve at the game. That's all I want to do, and every game I fly, with a pug or a friend or in a team, I'm constantly thinking about ways to improve, to get better uptime, better numbers, etc.

If I relied on a gimmick build, there's no real guarantee that things won't change (as they very often do in STO without warning) and I'd have to either find something else or resign myself to the fact that my ship was nothing without the gimmick.

I also just don't really want to use anything I wouldn't want used on me. I never went to Sunday school but I've read the sides of matchbox packets so I do know a lil thing or two about my moral parables.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples