View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 22
11-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
No it is pure BS to keep KDF players playing with no real intention to do anything - he has said again and again that it's just not worth it to them.

So his job as EP is to say whatever BS to keep people thinking there is light at the end of the tunnel when there is none.

He is Exexcutive producer - but -can't say anything for sure - why? Who makes the decisions?

He is the EP - but can't say when? Why- who makes the decisions?

He says the buck stops with him and PWE does not get involved and all decisions have to be approved by him - but he is "fighing" to get the KDF done - fighing with who?

It's a lot of Horse ****

Shame on all of you for being fooled for the 1000th time.

"Fool me once - shame on you! Fool me twice - shame on me!"
Well shame on me 1001 times.

Actually I believe him. Well sorta.

I remember hearing that when PWE people started to tour Cryptic and got to see the engine and play the game they were appalled by the state of both PvP and the KDF. I mean given how Asian games tend to rely on PvP for endgame content and most PvP games work best with a couple of factions.

I have no clue who he is fighting other than the actual, "I only play Fed and only PvE" crowd that defines the vast majority of this game's population.

So season after season the KDF and PvP get pushed back further to the back the burners and ignored while they try to prove they can make a monetary model for free to play that works for PvE players that only play Feds.

So now Stahl comes in Red Alert chat and says they are toying with the idea of FKvFK PvP matches and I can't help but wonder if this signals the true direction for STO committing to a single faction game with a little more PvP support, (ala Neverwinter Nights), than we have right now.

[REDALERT] <Dev> Oaks@dstahl: Going back to PvP and Faction balance - one of the design ideas on the table to balance the factions is to allow players of either faction to align themselves with the other for the purpose of PvP
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.