View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 60
11-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilghost1026 View Post
If you watched Pax's video he linked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVKA625XUf4&feature=plcp) , you would also know its not just tacs that have the power to have very high crits from these trics. In the video, there are 2 sci ships using the tric mines. Against FIVE people. These two players were winning against the whole team on the other side. because they used tric mines. Say they did have support from the other players on their team. they wouldnt have died at all, or if there were 5 people all running trics, even if it was all sci's, the damage is davastating.

Nerf the damage % per mine for each additional mine dispersed...
-15% each for 2, -25% each for 3, -35% each for 4 mines.

At least that way you wouldnt have to worry about a whole team being wiped out from a single players tric mine blasts. while still keeping them very powerful

@Minitrckin08 Turkish RP Heros
I admit, I forgot about that when I made my post.

True that non-tacs can hit mega-damage, but I stand by my point about tac buffs being an underlying cause of some other problems, though I do give on this not being one of em.

That aside, let trics have a nerf, that's fine. I love using them, and will defend them, and am ok with a nerf, but only to a point, not just being made useless. Your idea, or the idea of removing them from Dispersal patterns seems ok to me. But just one, not both removing them, and reducing their damage.

Honestly, the bigger issue I see is the Tipler console itself. That turns a very powerful set of mines into an unavoidable, and uncounterable death. Even if tric mines took a nerf, the Tipler console would still be exactly as powerful as it is now.