View Single Post
Captain
# 19
11-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Speaking of "feel" - were any tests done to see how it played out on the KDF side with the Medic instead of the Nurse? I say this - because I think the majority of the people that pointed at me and laughed whenever I posted a build with SubRep or crew modules to keep the crew alive, etc - were mainly KDF.

So in talking about the "feel" of things - I really don't "feel" like it's working on the KDF side the same way it's working on the Fed side. I could be totally off there, like I said - it's just the way it "feels" like it is not working the same.

EFF. BFM, & Nurse vs. EFF, BFM, & Medic... w/ or w/o SubRep - just does not "feel" the same.

Most of my "experience" with that on different ships on both sides admittedly comes from PvE (I've got a reroll addiction, man - it's bad) - but the passive hull healing on the Fed side is noticeable compared to the passive hull healing on the KDF side... because the Fed crew's almost always near 100% while the KDF crew's almost never above 75% (usually closer to 40-60%).

But it's just a "feeling" - could be something else going on that I'm totally missing...

edit: Course, I could have just looked at the crew recovery rate on the ship while in combat to see that it does not appear to be working...meh.

edit2: I'm an idiot - sort of. I forgot that I run better quality Nurses than Medics. Medics are damn expensive compared to Nurses.

edit3: Still though - the Fed's showing 6.8% recovery in combat while the KDF's showing 10.1% recovery. The Fed rarely if ever drops below 80%+ (outside of Theta...meh) while the KDF's almost never above 20-40%. I rarely have to do a hull heal on my Fed while I'm always topping off the KDF. In extended fights it makes a difference - whether I use that heal for me or somebody else...and just outright survivability.
Willard the Rat, Klingon, Sci (60), U.S.S. Tong Vey, Geneva Command Battlecruiser (FT6), Inner Circle
Meena, Ferasan, Tac (60), I.K.S. vagh SuD bas, B'rel Retrofit Bird-of-Prey (T5U), Ho'ragh
[WIP] No-Fleet, T5U B'rel Retrofit Build

Last edited by virusdancer; 11-26-2012 at 11:07 PM.