View Single Post
Join Date: Jul 2012
11-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by
Ok someone must of said this before: I think when you upgrade or change to a different ship, the crew of that ship stay on it unless you choose to take the crew with you. That way if i want to take out a science ship (for example), or a ship designed to take on a enemy, you know that THAT crew has had its skills based round it.
Also it would be a good way to use up more of the crew that assigned to you, else, like with me, they just sit stale and never used. you could have it split even more, you crew for each ships plus a ground crew you wish to take with you, maybe one set with phasers, and another with polaron based weapons
I just feel like its a wasted, you spend lots of time building up an offer, only to get a very rare one which you want to use, and the only way to use them is if you get ride of someone fully trained up. plus it would give you a reason todo more of the old missions, to train your new crew up
just a thpught, let me know what you think
Based on what I've read of your "thpught", you're asking for one of the following:
- For ships to gain experience/levels regardless of the bridge crew/duty officers equipped
- For bridge officer assignments to be permanent, requiring the hiring/training of new Boffs whenever a player changes ships or gets a new ship
- For crew to become a finite resource that gets used up and must be replaced, rather than the combat statistic that it is now
None of these ideas are good ones because:
- There would be no good reason to change builds.
- There are already enough complaint threads about changing race/class, and now you want to permanently set a person's build?
- Given how many non-ideal builds there are out there taking up space in queues, you're basically asking people who've inadvertently screwed themselves over to keep themselves screwed.
- We would be forced to maintain far too many bridge officers
- The joy of having a new ship would be diminished because we would have to start "from scratch" every time we changed ships
So no, bad idea.