View Single Post
Career Officer
# 23
11-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
Thissler, while I've got your ear, in your post above you alluded to the difference between DCs and DHCs. I'm not yet getting the difference between the two, and how it relates to use in battlecruisers. Could I trouble you for a quick breakdown?

Thanks very much.
DC's and DHC's have the same DPS figures. But different rates of fire. Tac abilities that boost damage will work well with the higher per shot damage of DHC because they either simply increase the ROF or work off of base damage. So if you are spending tac slots on CRF go ahead and use DHC.

DEM applies itself on a per shot basis. Dual Cannons fire more often than DHCs so you can see how DEM will land more damage on a target if it is applied with Dual Cannons over DHCs.

Dual Cannons eat more energy, but it's a cruiser. And your and engineer. Adapt. Plus the new DEM boffs work very well. Give them the POWER!!!

If you aren't using any of those abilities and you don't care much about 'maximizing' your weapons proc rate Dual Banks are a nice alternative.

Torpedoes are a very important part of the loadout. And cruisers minimzie Tac slots. But as you can see they have other methods of increasing energy weapon output besides eating tac slots all day so you can easily maximize torpedo damage while still creating a firehose of a ship using engineering abilities.

Cheers happy flying!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!