View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 48
11-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romuzarii View Post
Yeah it seems even BO abilities are almost useless now against borg for survival. I'm having a hard time soloing standard cubes in my Jemmy. I'm basically guaranteed to blow up once. The tac cubes are back to beating the **** out of you. I'm not even sure I want to try CSE atm, and I definitely won't dare to tank basic cubes while blowing up probes in KASE anymore.

For anyone who says well this is how it needs to be! well I got news for you. The playerbase and the system of how STFs are set up doesn't work with your fantasy borg on hard mode, not when you can get stuck with any number of bad ship combos for the task. And while the borg can kick some ass, they've never ever been a force to be reckoned with. They're actually pretty weak compared to their STO versions because they could only wear your ship down for the win, not out right blow you up with fantasy torps that they never use in shows or movies. That's why I liked how they were before s7. If you were geared properly, you rightfully went through borg without much of a problem. If you sucked then you got your ass kicked. See that's the thing about MMOs, the hard stuff gets easier as you gear properly.

First; I agree that the current Borg damage has been notably bumped AND the Borg have learned to shoot torps up and down now.

Second; I disagree with the idea that the Borg were pathetic in the Shows. They made the Enterprise their helpless victim that Q had to save, destroyed an ENTIRE FLEET at Wolf with ONE CUBE, continued to be a persistent and serious issue throughout the back story of DS9 and were a horrible force to be Reckoned with in Voyager.

Third; The WAY that Cryptic/PWE make the Borg a force to be reckoned with is the problem here. The Borg generally do not run around and Annihilate ships in one shot. However, they DO have many ways to disable enemy ships and destroy them if they get the chance. They also prefer to Assimilate enemies rather than destroy them. Once your shields go down the threat of having the Borg beam over and take over your ship from the inside-out should be an extreme issue that far exceeds the possibility of just being blown up.

Fourth; While Starfleet and presumably the KDF have advanced technologies to stop the Borg with to assume it will make you the victor against them forever is foolish. The Borg Adapt and their immense toughness is usually their greatest strength. Their greatest WEAKNESS is to groups of different opponents all using different methods of trying to kill them all at once. Watch First Contact again and watch as a powerful modern fleet has all sorts of trouble taking down a single Cube and likely would have failed without Picard sensing out the Cube's one weak spot.