Star Field Of Dreams
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
11-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by
It might interest you to know that both Borticus and Branflakes attended the first conference call for boot camp, and there is actually a lot of enthusiam from the dev team about fixing PvP, but they need to be able to show PWE that it is worth the investment to focus on it. Both Bran and Bort are PERSONALLY interested in PvP and are doing everything they can to get it pushed up the priority list.
As far as your other points, cheese consoles etc. aside a lot of players need help with every basic things to be able to be enjoy PvP such as builds, keybinds and al the things we learn thorugh PvP that we don;t need to know in the "so easy I can faceroll it" world od PvE. You don't have to be part od theeffort but to downtalk the fact that a group of us are willing to give of our time and energy to help do what we can for PvP is just plain thoughtless.
We cahnge things one person at a time in the real world, same thing applies here.
Did you happen to inquire why Borticus wrote using a bug which allows for Boff abilities outside of the design isn't considered exploiting or griefing?
Why they won't enforce exploiting or griefing? Perhaps there are other parts of their own ToS they don't want to enforce?
How about how that same bug has been around for years and it and others show up again after every major patch?
Why despite claims of a fix in the pipeline, it still isn't after 2 patches?
Why a team of fleet members PvPing don't get Fleet merits?
How about why there hasn't been a Dev who's publically assumed the role of the last "PvP Dev"?
How about the Mgt has said they don't want PvP and won't put resources into PvP?
How every Mgt choice to weaken PvP has been made?
1a. You know things like the previously mention reward system creating nothing but PvE grinds which are needed to improve PvP builds yet only available via PvE.
1b. Then using PvE vs PvP playtime as a reason to justify lack of PvP investment.
2. Lack of balance, varying degrees of P2W
3. Lack of MMO scaled PvP environments
4. No PvP foundry features despite requests for such since the foundry was in its design phase
5. Influx of NPC pet spam
6. Abilities which can't be countered (ie timeship's)
7. Opening up FvF PvP instead of expanding existing cross faction PvP playability
8. Gating KDF character creation by needing to make a Fed 1st and be leveled
9. Never fixing the only Open system PvPvE environment after it's been broken for years
10. Doffs and other items being broken for months if not longer
11. Nothing to actually compete for in PvP win or lose it doesn't matter.
12. Having the only means to do controlled tests (private queues) be shut down.
13. Having little if any testing time on Tribble.
14. Not having any power adjustments made the few times we get to test something on tribble.
15. Zero accountablitiy on Cryptic's part in 1. identifying significant bugs, 2. informing players on bugs 3. enforcing the ToS for those who exploit/grief using said bugs
I could go on and you may feel free to do what you want, but after putting up with a crappy product w/an EP who lies and teaches his employees to lie I will express myself as I see fit. Make no mistake it wasn't Bort who ran that "it's technically not an exploit" b.s. talking point out. It came from the EP bser.