View Single Post
Captain
# 18
11-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlersnack View Post
not sure if this is the place to ask but it seems u guys are pretty passionate about pvp.

i am a new player couple months now and like pvp but

the few builds i thought would work well and did resulted in me being verbally attacked
in chat standard name calling noob, cheese factory not sure what that means but what ever
anyway here is my question

is there a link or a list of unexceptable pvp weapons,combos,skills,consoles and what ever other cheese as u call it?

thnx
There is a great deal of diversity when it comes to the ethics of PvP play and there is no "list" of banned/problematic items. Here is my suggestion:

1) Post your build in the PvP forum and ask for feedback.

2) Try your best to ignore the insults that are thrown at you by PvP players. I am so sorry that somebody treated you in this manner. Unfortunately, many PvP players blame Cryptic for the lack of PvP players--and Cryptic is to be blamed, in part--and then, at the same time, drive new players like you away by insulting them. This sort of behavior is completely unacceptable and is a sign of your opponent's emotional immaturity and inability to offer criticism without mixing it with insult. If a player has a criticism to share with you about your build it should be done in a way that does not include mocking.

3) Show up for Boot Camp on Dec 29th, 2012 (time TBD). One of the central lessons we will cover is your build. Boot Camp will be a safe environment where you can learn, make mistakes, and hopefully improve. Here is a website that is still under construction: http://pvp-boot.camp.shivtr.com/

Please feel free to contact me in-game (@gradstudent1) or via email (sargon.priorityone@gmail.com).

Thanks!

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus

Last edited by gradstudent1; 11-27-2012 at 10:07 PM.