View Single Post
Captain
# 5
11-28-2012, 03:51 AM
Edit: Keyboard unplugged mid-writing. Sorry. Also, this may provide clues to a potential new Foundry mission.

*** Log accessed. ***

*** Commander Pel'auro, Chief Engineer, U.S.S. Peacebringer. ***

*** Location of creation: Starfleet embassy, New Romulus. ***
It's been a while since I last met a fellow Romulan without them trying to kill me. So long, in fact, that I almost felt like somebody would shoot me with a disruptor from behind during the first few days. Not that some of them didn't try - there are Tal Shiar spies throughout the staging area, and the Vastam Peaks are crawling with Tal Shiar forces.

Still, it's a lot better than the last time I was in anything remotely resembling a Romulan colony. If only it didn't feel so... fragile. Perhaps even hopeless. D'tan's intentions are good, but unless Starfleet can seriously hamper the activities of the Tholians, the Hirogen, and the Tal Shiar, his intentions will be the only thing good about the colony. I'm considering using my old disruptor again, just for the aesthetics. Just like Vraun does with his polaron pistol.

From my point of view, New Romulus will be a turning point. But in what way?

If it succeeds, then perhaps the Iconians have failed after all and will be defeated. If it fails... I dread to think what might happen. But I've had a feeling I haven't had for a very long time... since I was forced to flee Romulus. As if I'm being watched by... but no, it can't be.

But what worries me most is the Remans. It will be very difficult to create a habitat suitable for their needs without putting both populations at risk. An underground city, while the most suitable option for them, would require devoting large resources towards building a second city away from the new capital, and constructing it under the capital would put both cities at risk should the structure be sabotaged, or worse yet - bombarded.
Interesting. Very interesting. Well done, Centurion. Monitor him closely, but do not engage.

Yes, Subcommander.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.

Last edited by dalolorn; 11-28-2012 at 05:20 AM.