Thread: Dilithium 101
View Single Post
Captain
# 35
11-28-2012, 05:06 AM
Dear Cryptic:

After a relatively quick re-read/skim (as I read the article months ago when it came out after you gave us Vulgta), I see that this is a re-link, without any kind of update.

This should be called "Dilithium Exchange 101", as it does not reference any of the key issues currently befalling dilithium, such as (but not limited to):
1. The fact that only select missions/dailies/etc. grants dilithium
2. The new places (aka sinks) that have been added, starbases, embassies, reputation system purchases - both store and project-grants.
3. The fact that you expect players to play longer than the daily average within these "carefully selected missions that nobody wants to play otherwise" - and get nothing but dilithium and cheesy gear - in order to max out their capacity. During the big "explanations", you slipped that the metrics read an average of 3.5 hours play/day, and you gear the dilithium payout rate for 4 hours/day to max out...
4. The fact that you are (quite possibly) attempting to sabotage the market by drying up many sources of dilithium that the farmers have been feeding into the exchange, so now the primary market suppliers are creeping the exchange to 1 zen = 100 dil (I expect any interest in the exchange to completely die if it goes below this amount) as the farmers still "expect" their X zen per Y hours invested, but with the new nerfs they are making less per hour so they sell less per Zen...

This could just be me, but I get the impression, especially with the re-linking involved here, that this is just a ploy to get the Dil 101 link back into the launcher so you can say "look, we're thinking of you casual players and your dilithium issues and here's how you supplement your earnings via the exchange. Of course, this requires Zen, the (semi) RL currency of the game..." (semi-RL because you consider the non-transferrable lobi as the "true" RL currency of the game as only the purchaser of lobi can spend it...)
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...