View Single Post
Career Officer
# 27
11-28-2012, 08:36 AM
It carries the stigma of being useless to test to the majority of players from my view. We send in tickets about bugs and some nearing game breaking. What happens, regardless of how broken the new patch is, things get pushed to holodeck. I find my time personally wasted testing out new things only to get my bug reports ignored.

What do we get? Time vs Reward..

This game is consumes our free time, most players prefer to get something out of work. I don't intend on spending hours on tribble only to have nothing to show for the time. We don't get paid to test, that's what we pay them for right? I buy Zen all the time, we all fund them....

I didn't read the "accusation" the OP said Dan made, but seriously, is that our job?

I paid for my CE at launch, I paid for my LTS at launch, I paid for my thousands of CP/Zen.....

I pay with my free time to play when I can.....

A player shouldn't be required to test the game we pay for.....

Incentives to test things would garner it attention, this is why Tribble Test Weekends are popular.

If there was some way rewards would trickle to holodeck, I'd test more often. The question remains, even if things were offered for testing on tribble. Would my bug reports make a difference?
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.