Drop in user activity
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by
Due to the recent events (S7). Has anyone else had/noticed a drop in activity?
If not, why not?
If so, why?
My reasons are as follows:
1) I look back and see I do not have much to log in for, every 2 days or so on 1 or 2 toons is all I can handle.
2) There is no reason for me to log now, I did grind 25-30 toons thru the daily Investigate's for the dil and marks to work on fleet stuff ..... not now.
3) What the game was for me is gone, all that is left is 'content'. Or crippled attempts to do what was being done over a year ago. "Just bad foundary grinds on SOME new maps".
*Can STO recover?
What would it take? (to get the stats from 30 days ago, consultant fee pending)
a) try a bad attempt at recovering via make it like it was to appease
b) get/put them back, those who were doing 14 months ago and fix what is broken
c) FIRST have a 'wanna work here?' with staff house cleansing.
d) *REALLY, I DO NOT KNOW.
This is from my (and others I know, not speaking for them) view ON STO recovering in my mind TO ME and FOR ME.
A recovery is needed for me to regain INTREST again.
I'm not really a doom and gloom guy, but since S7 launched the drop in user activity among 3 active (and one particularly large global channel) has really dropped.
To be honest, I find I barely have the will to do anything in this game at the moment.
Clicking inputs for Doff system, Romulan Rep system, Omega Rep system, Starbase system, Embassy system...this is really not the game I signed up or shelled out money for.
I don't want to play some farmville click-fest, there are already a ton of browser games where you can waste your time on these things.
The other alternative is the "content" that we got in S7 - open "adventure zones" or 'zerg zones' as I like to think of them. You run around at L50 as an admiral doing things that should be relegated to L1.
Enemies apparently wander without direction for you to kill.
There's some mini-game for pet breeding.
Tau Dewa patrols are mind numbingly static and repetitive, running around on New Romulus as an Admiral collecting water samples...these are not even in the same ballpark of what I want out of an MMO game.
I really hope the future of this game isn't an endless parade click input systems and different versions of "go kill rats" at L50.
1) Know your role Jabroni! (Premade Career Guide)
2) Consoles gone wild: The Real Problem
3) Starship Stealth: One of the worst skills available.
Last edited by ussultimatum; 11-28-2012 at