Compilation of why cruisers are UP
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
11-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by
The idea that escorts are just as effective/better tanks as cruisers comes not from the fact that escorts
tanks in the same sense that cruisers are, but that they can more
tank in PvE combat thanks to a number of skills that enhance escort survivability in combination with a number of high level, no drawback damage boosting skills that punt the escort's damage up to the point that cookie cutter cannon-build escorts can in many cases park their asses right in the face of a target and soak more than enough damage to utterly destroy said target before dying...
Only one Tactical ability is mostly only availible to Escorts that help them tank "better" than a Cruiser.
Attack Pattern Omega. Escorts can cycle two of them to maintain maximum bonus damage resistance.
Only a few Cruiser have a LTC tac SLot to use ApO1, and they can not cycle them unless they use twin or single ATB1 to keep it rolling.
Only one special defense bonus is given to escorts to help them tank. They recieve 10% more Bonuse defense when moving at an attack speed. Cruiser are 10% less.
THis is meant to reflect that an escort, like a fighter, has a betetr chance to juke and evade than a massive Cruiser in combat.
If a cruiser dies quick in PvE then they are doing something wrong because that is all that really sperates them from escort in PvP and the NPC's in this game do not hit near as effectively as a human to be a threat in 90% of the game. The other 10% is not that much stronger since it relies on 1-shots to kill the player more than anything else.
Thank You, Dev team for the Flanking buff to the Raider class and the accidental peek at the ship who shall not be named! It was a great early Christmas gift to all of us KDF fans.
Last edited by bitemepwe; 11-29-2012 at