View Single Post
Captain
# 18
11-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I think the best way for the war to end would be to have the Iconians launch a massive invasion of the Galaxy, something on the scale of the Destiny novels' "Borg Invasion of 2381". Some massive, immediate threat that forces the factions to come together to save themselves.
You really don't need to add anything massive to the overall storyline, Like I said before, everything you need is already there, you just need to end it in a satisfactory way. The Feds know the Empire was right, The just need to admit it and make proper restitution for insulting the Empires honor and we can all go back to being friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
NO !
No peace in our time.

A war without end is all I've ever known between humans and Klingons. I will never accept a combined faction, and I will wait for the real KDF content before accepting the reskinned fed content that could come much sooner.

"To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."
No one here is saying they would except a combined faction. In fact I will flat out state that I am 100% against combining the two. The Klingons are a unique culture and must remain unique. But that doesn't mean we have to go around killing each other, we got along separately before, we can do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I?d truly love to see the war between the KDF and Federation come to an end; however, it would need to be done though story content that is tailored to both Factions and portrays both Factions reasons for ending the war.

Though the story that we?ve been given so far it seems very clear that the KDF was 100% correct about the Undine infiltrating the Alpha Quadrant; however, I believe that it was in fact the Undine themselves that fed the KDF the information about where to find their planted spy?s.

I could see the Undine sacrificing a few of their people to make the Federation look like cowards that failed to honor their alliance with the KDF (which they are) and giving the KDF all the justification in the galaxy to feel that they were disrespected by their blind peace loving allies, hence the war we now fight.

It was also revealed about 2 years ago that the Undine were being manipulated by the Iconians into infiltrating the Alpha Quadrant and both factions know this has fact and still the war continues.

The KDF faction needs new story driven content that shows how they choose to deal with the fact that the Iconians have been pulling the strings of the Empire the Federation and the Undine.
The Undine that revealed the Infiltration only did it under torture. It was not a willing reveal. Even then it was the Federations condemnation of the Klingon's actions and the refusal to see the problem before them that set the two sides against each other.