View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
11-29-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The ability to cancel a project was never built into the system. In case it's not obvious, the Reputation System is using the same basic technology as the Fleet Project system, and we specifically did not intend for Fleet Projects to be cancelled as it could allow for a fleet's leadership to potentially screw over its players (intentionally or not).

Since Reputations are personal, the only person that could be affected by cancelling a project is you. It's less of a concern in that case, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a fundamental alteration of the software.
So, is this a sort of confession of "yeah, we WERE going to look into it, but we decided against it?"

It would be nice to cancel a project en lieu of another, even without getting anything back. For example, I have been leaving things "blank" (i.e., not putting another project in the queue) so when a Tier opens, we can start things previously unavailable, but a lot of my Fleet members want "things to build." Personally, I don't want to waste resources - you guys do KNOW some of these costs are WAY too high, don't you? (rhetorical) - on a project that really doesn't get us anywhere. It would be nice to swap something out if we wanted to; just sayin.'

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)