View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-30-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guli20 View Post
@pvehero

But thats the problem,
you basically waste a turret, because the Borg Cutting Beam (BCB?) is only working if shields are down, and then a Torpedo which is well timed with HY or Torpdeo spread is much more effective.

@disposeableh3r0
Yes, I know that, because I have all this weapons.
But I can combine this Ferenei or Quantum Wide angle wepaon with my Torpedo skills.
Not possible for that Cutting Beam!

@lianthelia
Valid point, but please be aware, the proc is not per SHOT it is per weapon cycle!
Which is the same for the borg Cutting Beam: one shot one cycle, because the Cutting Beam is a constant beam!
So this means with every 40th shot of your beam you get the proc (as an average value).
I am not fully sure, but this means every ~ 160seconds you can see this proc for 3 seconds.
Too bad if you BOff skills hare on cooldown during that 3 seconds...
Except that its 360 degree so it has an advantage over the 180 weapons. And dont forget just because it doesnt fit your build doesnt make it useless. I could see this as a valid choice for a shield stripper build.

The firing cycle is also 4 shots (toggle 4 max) so not that bad and if you paired the omega proc with cannons it would go off much more often
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln