View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-30-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvehero View Post
First, a turret is a puny thing to waste. Barely noticeable. From what I understand, the KCB deals almost the same damage as the 180deg torp, so not bad.

In addition, there are at least 3 good reasons why I can't use a regular torp:
- I have no fore slots available for torps, and I sure ain't gonna let the enemies out of my DHC arc.
- I have no free Boff stations to fit torp abilities in anyway.
- I don't have any points in "Projectile Weapons". The cutting beam is affected by energy weapon skill, so I don't have to waste a single skillpoint in projectile weapons.

Sure, it's no magical super weapon, but it should be able to hold it's own.
Agreed, This weapon is better than people think. I was skeptical at first when looking at the stats, but I actually used it a lot for the first time (on HOSE, SB24, etc) last night and I actually do like it.

Why? It is like having a 360 degree torp and the recharge time is pretty quick. Yes, dps is lower, but the low recharge time allows you to keep steady pressure on your target.

I run a Fleet Defiant with DHC's and Quad cannons.... and turrets with the Cutting Beam in the aft. From what I have seen, you don't really take an energy hit in firing it.

I also have the Assimilated Console in the build, so the Omega Weapon Power proc is there...not exactly sure of the bonus there yet, but seems interesting.

Thx