View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 11
11-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
The Day the Earth Stood Still is just a film, a piece of fiction ...then again, so is Star Trek.
true

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
look at the holographic one in voyager torturing a hologram

There was a Cardassian in TNG "Lower Decks" that risked his life to get a message to the Federation.
Treason (an Evil act)

Quote:
In that episode there was a dialogue between him and a Bajoran in which he stated he was tired of war. That Cardassian wasn't evil. Damar wasn't evil, he was doing what he thought right by his people. You spoke of a hologram, there was a second (female) hologram in another episode of Voyager that wasn't evil, she helped Torres I think.
Doing what is right for your people TO someone else is evil yes

Quote:
You can't sum up an entire species / country as evil because of the actions of a few individuals. Look at the war in Iraq / Iran. There were stories (some of them, quite possibly true) of US solders raping and attacking civilians. Does that make all Americans evil? No it doesn't.
political so ill skip that one
but as an ex soldier myself I can tell you if one of us did that our own people would hang us out to dry

Quote:
Just because you get a bad bunch in a crowd, it doesn't mean the entire crowd are bad people.
the whole point of trek races is they are stereo types
Ferengi are greedy , Cardassians are evil , romulans are militaristic , Klingons are proud and agressive , borg eat their own dead etc

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Thats like saying that not all Ferengi like money

Ferengi join Starfleet. Nog has joined Starfleet. I don't recall Nog being that concerned with Latinium toward the later seasons of DS9.
Ferengi join starfleet for the free health care extensive perks and easy access to Clothed females
Kinky or what??