Thread: Romulan Doffs
View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 9
11-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
IIRC this also works on Shard of Possibilities and Horta. Yes, I know they aren't technically consumable, but you get the idea. My Eng and Sci chars will probably end up using this.
Hmm, interesting. Hadn't tried that. Still not on my personal list of 'useful ground DOFFs' though. If it works for you, I'm glad of course.

I have some purple Diagnostic Engineers on my Fed Engy, and he uses Equipment Technician (and sometimes Support Technician), which lets me mega-buff myself or an ally with Equipment Diagnostics. I love doin it. Awesome when they all proc too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I also seem to remember a Dev stating somewhere that Tactical Initiative isn't supposed to work on consumables.
I see. Well, even so, if that is ever fixed, until then, tac initiative is still more useful for reducing CDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
This is like attaching a damage resist doff to APO. What are they thinking? I don't PvP ground but this has to have people that do pretty chapped.
Yeah, pretty much. Let's see...

Mk XII Fire Team from the Embassy:

Ambush 3 (with up to three potentially of the new Security DOFFs proccing)
Battle Strategies 3
Suppressing Fire 3
Motion Accelerator 2
Plus other potential tac buffs and added skills. (maybe even sci and engineering debuffs)

With all that stuff together, hmm...I bet with a lucky enough crit, you might be able to one-shot a Heavy Tac drone, or get close to it.

Ground PvP is already so insanely busted and broken, this only makes it more so for tacs.