View Single Post
Career Officer
# 29
12-01-2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
Ahhh wrong on all counts, i have actually done some research on this and it can be done especially if they use the VASMIR engine if it not a hoax, but there alot of websites and magazines say other wise. Wheres your proof.
Where's yours? You say you did "research" and read "magazines and websites" but no sources or specifics.

My proof? As I said, government space programs got men in orbit for decades and even sent them to the moon. That is a fact. It is also a fact that private industry has not been able to do so.

It is also a fact that the Space Shuttle, a vastly more complex launch vehicle, attained over 96% reliability. Saturn V had 100% reliability. Sea Launch had 90% reliability, and SpaceX has 75% reliability, using far simpler vehicles with far more meager capability. All those are facts, hard against private space launch.

Private space launch is objectively inferior, and the arguments in favor of it are purely ideological. Like Maoist collectivised agriculture, it sounds great on paper, but just doesn't work in real life.