View Single Post
Captain
# 13
12-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyournacelles2 View Post
Should switch to mines and pick up a dispersal pattern. Your tech doffs are making your two torp abilities redundant anyhow
It was a situational thought in taking both THY and TS - wondering if the MEF would add DEF to the THY Plasma. I could definitely see dropping the THY for a DPB - along with dropping one of the torps for mines.

I'll think about that with some of the ships I actually have - instead of those I just think about getting down the line. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
virus,

as long as your focus with that build is healing and pet control, here would be my small adjustments:

drop the high yield for a second spread.

drop the polarize hull for tss3.

have fun kill bad guys
In the original post, I said that I'd normally go Trans instead of Plasma (changing consoles, etc as necessary) - but the gist of it is a high survivability torp boat using S7 toys.

I do not have a Vesta, but it's a tempting ship - that I could see getting down the line to dork around with as a torp boat.

With it, though, I ruled out TSS pretty early (part of the reason it's an Eng captain instead of a Sci). I feel naked without APO or PH - there's no APO, so I all but feel I have to sport PH. That left the decision in the build of ST3/ST1 vs. PH3/PH1. Since the ST would mainly be for the cleanse rather than the shield heal - PH3 crept in there (with all the talk about shields down pop, pop, pop - being able to keep PH up as much as possible for both movement and hull resistance - oh well).

It's a case of trying to maximize that plasma damage, hull damage - and being annoying. Part of the reason for the Deltas over the Danubes - Tach beam, Phaser Procs, and Trans torps.

It's an attempt at an outlast build - their disabled systems, hull burning away, random placates. Yeah, an attempt at an annoying build.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin